- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Let the roast sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking.
- Season generously with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to your taste.
- Place the roast fat side up on rack in a roasting pan uncovered.
Approximate Roasting Time:
The internal temperature should read:
- 140 degrees for medium rare
- 145 degrees for medium
- 150 degrees for medium well
Note: Meat will continue to roast up to 10 degrees during the resting time outside the oven. When desired temperature is reached, remove the roast from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing.