Ingredients for Roast:
- 7 pound Crown Pork Roast (12 ribs)
- Add salt & pepper for taste
- Make sure roast is well trimmed. (If desired) Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold a piece of aluminum foil into an 8-inch square, place on rack in roasting pan.
- Place roast, done ends up, on foil-lined rack.
- Bake at 325 degrees (F) for 1 hour.
- Cut a piece of foil; long enough to fit around ribs.
- Wrap foil around the ribs and fold over tips of ribs.
- Spoon stuffing into center of roast; cover with additional foil.
- Insert meat thermometer into roast without touching fat or bone.
- Bake at 325 degrees (F) for 1-1 ½ hours or until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove the foil from roast; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Ingredients for Apple Walnut Stuffing
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large onion – finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks – finely chopped
- 1 cup red cooking apple – chopped
- 1 cup green cooking apple – chopped
- 2 cups white bread cubes – toasted
- 1 cup walnuts – chopped
- 2 TB. dried whole leaf sage
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 large egg – beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery and cook, stiffing constantly, until tender.
- Combine apples, bread cubes, walnuts and seasonings in a large bowl; stir in vegetable mixture, egg and remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
*this recipe was taken from Southern Living, Fall 1995, as posted to a cooking forum.*